Sponsors


Shop

Shop from several merchants for outdoor and cycling items. Search for an item and compare prices.

Advertisers

Buying from advertisers on this blog and my web site helps me pay for RAAM.

Search for Cycling and Outdoor Products
UltraRob's Deals

Monday, May 01, 2006

Stupid Moment

UltraRob's Adventures has moved. Read this post at http://www.ultrarob.com/blog/2006/05/stupid-moment.php.

Saturday I had one of the those moments where bad things happen from not paying attention or just being stupid. Like in college when a guy I knew that had won national level road races was messing around on his bike on campus and fell over going 5 mph and broke his collar bone. Or when I was in college hiking with a group of friends by moonlight on the Mt. Cutler trail which is an easy, local trail. I slipped and fell. My foot got caught in deep gravel and I couldn't slide it out from under me. I stretched my foot all the way back as I fell. When my knees hit the ground, I sat back onto my heel of the foot that was stretched back and heard a snap. I had managed to break my tibia.

Saturday's moment was when I needed to go to the bathroom during my ride. I saw a port-a-pottie at a construction site and decided that ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home