Sponsors


Shop

Shop from several merchants for outdoor and cycling items. Search for an item and compare prices.

Advertisers

Buying from advertisers on this blog and my web site helps me pay for RAAM.

Search for Cycling and Outdoor Products
UltraRob's Deals

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Surgery

UltraRob's Adventures has moved. Read this post at http://www.ultrarob.com/blog/2006/04/surgery.php.

On Monday I had surgery to remove a lipoma on my forearm. It was just done in the doctor's office with a local anesthetic. I had debated about having it done for a couple weeks because there's always the chance of infection and with RAAM less than 7 weeks away I don't want anything to go wrong. I probably wouldn't have done it except that I had a much larger one removed last year that was a bit complicated to get out and it wasn't sore more than a couple days.

It was very small compared to several others that I have but it's right at the edge of the armrest of my aero bars and has been red and sore after long rides. I figured that I'd get a couple days into ...