Sponsors


Shop

Shop from several merchants for outdoor and cycling items. Search for an item and compare prices.

Advertisers

Buying from advertisers on this blog and my web site helps me pay for RAAM.

Search for Cycling and Outdoor Products
UltraRob's Deals

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Active Release Technique

UltraRob's Adventures has moved. Read this post at http://www.ultrarob.com/blog/2006/05/active-release-technique.php.

Since my knee was still bothering me this weekend after smacking it into a fence post a week and a half ago, it was time to go see Dr. Wood. A big thanks to Dr. Leahy and Dr. Wood for giving me free treatments as I prepare for RAAM.

I first meet Dr. Leahy 10 years ago when I had a calcium deposit behind my knew that was rubbing on my hamstring tendon. It was big enough that it could be seen on x-rays. It only bothered me when I rode but I had very little pain when I would walk. I could stay off the bike for a week to let it recover but when I'd ride again, I'd feel fine for about 5 miles and then by mile 10 I couldn't turn the pedals. My orthopedic doctor said the only thing he knew to was to scope it but ...